The Dead Donkey Club – Your Legacy at Elizabeth College
The Elizabeth College Foundation has established a legacy club, the ‘Dead Donkey’ Club for those who what to make a difference by supporting the College in this way. The Club is intended to provide a long-term source of income to support the objectives of the Foundation but also, importantly, to organise enjoyable, fun and interesting events.
The club has established an annual programme of events which have included dinners, summer barbecues, lunch in the FG Manchester Refectory, private cinema visits and guided walks. The Dead Donkey Club was launched in the UK with a very successful reception in the House of Commons.
How To Join The Dead Donkey Club
Membership of the Dead Donkey Club is open to all OEs and any other supporters of the College who have made provision for the Elizabeth College Foundation in their Wills.
Making a Will and arranging bequests is about taking control and exercising choices about how leaving this life will affect those people and causes we care about. Leaving a legacy to the Elizabeth College Foundation will ensure that future generations will benefit from your actions. As it has in the past, the College will continue to recognise and remember individuals who have provided such support.
Inheritance laws are complex and anyone contemplating altering their Will is recommended to consult an Advocate/Solicitor to discuss their particular circumstances.
- You do not have to be rich to leave a legacy.
- We would never in any way suggest that you should disinherit your family. Even a proportion of the residuary once your family are provided for can make a huge difference.
- You can make a gift of any size: there is no minimum or maximum amount.
- You can change your mind at any point.
For further information on leaving a legacy to Elizabeth College please read the Making a Donation page.
Where The Money Would Go
All bequests will go to the Elizabeth College Foundation, the objectives of which are to provide support for the development of College facilities, educational provision and the award of bursaries and scholarships.
- We never know when we will receive a legacy – and obviously we hope for every individual that it will be a long time into the future.
- We do, however, know that the College will continue to need to find additional sources of funds to be able to develop and continue to meet the needs of new generations of pupils.
- Any Legacy donations will, by their very nature, provide long term benefits to the College.
- The Foundation will continue to run Appeals every 5 to 6 years or so to enable and support the ongoing development of the College.
For further details or to join the Dead Donkey Club please contact Dot Carruthers Foundation Director at Elizabeth College on telephone 01481 728217.