Elizabeth College is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme. The Elizabeth College Foundation benefits from commission paid by Amazon on all purchases made using the link below.
Use the tabs below to find out more about the Friends of the different sections of Elizabeth College:
All parents of pupils at Elizabeth College (Upper School) automatically become members of the Friends of Elizabeth College. The Friends is a separate but complementary organisation to the Old Elizabethan Association.
The Friends run much like any other PTA (Parents Teachers Association) and our aims are:-
• to support the College through the whole range of its activities;
• to complement and extend the support given to the College, particularly by the Old Elizabethans, mainly though fundraising and social events.
We would like to encourage all parents to take an active part in the Friends activities either by joining our committee, offering to help out with events when you can or just by attending and enjoying our events. Our programme of upcoming events is shown below and further details are available from any Committee member or via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
One way you can support the College is by subscribing to the Friends’ Elizabeth College Sports Tours Fund Monthly Draw. This fund helps to support the cost of travelling College sports teams for off-island (UK or Jersey) fixtures whilst providing an opportunity for subscribers to win cash sums in a monthly lottery draw. Three prizes are drawn each month and 30% of the total income from numbers purchased is distributed. To support the College in this way, please complete this Standing Order Form and return it to the Friends at the address provided.
The Committee, in conjunction with the College, decide how funds raised at the various events are spent. We would be very pleased to hear any ideas members have for where we should spend the money to enhance the school lives of the pupils of Elizabeth College. Typically the Friends raise around £4000 per year.
Karen Varley – Chair of the Friends of Elizabeth College
Who are the ‘Friends’ of Elizabeth College Junior School?
All parents of pupils of Elizabeth College Junior School are automatically members of The Friends of Elizabeth College Junior School. A committee of parents and staff has been formed to represent The Friends in order to manage fundraising initiatives.
Like all schools, Elizabeth College Junior School has a wish list of equipment and activities that fall outside the remit of the allocated budget. The school cannot always manage to purchase these ‘extras’ so the Friends of Elizabeth College Junior School raise funds in order to help purchase the most up-to-date learning and recreational resources for the pupils.
How is the fundraising organised?
The main fundraising event is the annual ball and auction. This event usually takes place in the Michaelmas Term and is a well-attended and glamorous affair. In the Michaelmas term, the Friends also organise Christmas cards designed by the pupils and the DVDs of the Christmas play, as well as the annual Christmas Fair – all valuable fundraising activities, as well as lots of fun for the children. There is another social event in the Lent term organized by the Friends of Elizabeth College Junior School, such as a quiz night. In the Trinity Term, there is a family beach barbecue and the Friends also run a refreshments stall at Sports Day. There is also a second-hand uniform shop run on a monthly basis.
How have the funds been spent recently?
In the last few years, the funds raised have been used to contribute towards the new library, the purchase of musical instruments, outdoor play equipment and storage sheds, computers, digital cameras, cooking equipment, interactive tactile whiteboards, the playground area and a new minibus.
Every year the Friends of Elizabeth College Junior School organise Christmas presents and an Easter Egg Hunt for the children – both traditionally very well received – and provide swimming bags for each pupil in Reception Year and a sweatshirt for Year 6 students for their Activities Week.
How can I get involved?
• Contact us on email@example.com if you would like to help out, however much (or little!) time/skills you have to share.
• Make an automatic donation (that costs you nothing) every time you shop online! Use the website www.easyfundraising.org.uk to make an automatic donation every time you buy from websites such as John Lewis and Amazon – for every purchase you make, we earn a proportion (it works like a loyalty scheme, instead of earning points you raise a donation). Simply register your name and email address at www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/ecjsfriendsguernsey and donate automatically when you buy from your favourite websites via this portal – at no extra cost to you.
• Quote our “share” number 104286 when you shop at the Co-Op. This is just a little thing from an individual perspective but does add up and can make a difference as we cater for events and provide prizes etc.
• Join our committee! There are usually parents representing all year groups on the committee with four elected positions: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. Taking part is entirely voluntary and new faces are always welcome.
Current committee contacts:
Chair – Maria Russell
Secretary – Rebecca Eker
Treasurer – Nicky Forshaw