EXAMINATION INFORMATION 2020
Key dates 2020
- GCE A-level results will be published on Thursday 13th August 2020 and available for collection at 08:30 on this date.
- GCSE results will be published on Thursday 20th August 2020 and available for collection at 09:00 on this date.
Arrangements for awarding grades 2020
We appreciate you may have felt both disappointment and relief when the examinations were cancelled. Results days are always an emotional time as they represent the culmination of many years of work. This year will be no different in that regard, yet it is different in the way that the grades have been awarded. Instead of grades being awarded as the result of a final series of examination assessments, your teachers have worked hard to follow the guidance from Ofqual and the examination boards to submit a grade for you. This grade is one that we can evidence and which represents the ‘most likely grade that you would have achieved’ had you sat the examinations as planned.
- Teachers used a range of evidence, including the mock examination from February and any non-examined components, such as coursework, to produce a Centre Assessed Grade for you and then a rank of students in each subject at that grade.
- These grades were then reviewed against historical evidence from past examinations sat at the College in that subject, alongside the expected attainment of the cohort. The results were scrutinised, and teachers were asked to review and justify any anomalies, prior to submission to the examination boards.
- The grades were then sent to the examination boards and checked by three people in College prior to submission.
- In the final step of the process, the Principal signed a declaration which read: “Having reviewed the relevant processes and data, I am confident that they honestly and fairly represent the grades that these students would have been most likely to achieve if they had sat their exams as planned, and that they have not been disclosed to either the candidate or their parent/guardian.”
The submitted grades have then been standardised by the examination boards as per the infographic below:
This video explains the process that has been followed by the examination boards https://youtu.be/EX5STb0qbGI
We are conscious that this may have been a difficult and anxious time for you as a result of the disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic. We hope the FAQ information below answers many of your queries. If you would like any further support or information, please do get in touch and we will arrange an appointment for you to see a member of staff.
The frequently Asked Questions (above) contain more detailed explanations and guidance for 2020 and 2021 examinations. If you then decide to request your Centre Assessed Grade(s) or wish to enter the autumn series of examinations, please complete the forms provided with your results.
The examination results at Elizabeth College reflect the hard work and commitment of our students. It is not just the top grades we celebrate: Elizabeth College has a student body with a broad ability range and it is equally pleasing to recognise the huge progress made, and great results achieved, by students across the spectrum.
It is important that Elizabeth College students achieve the very best they can and are therefore able to follow their own paths and dreams, whether that’s university, music college, art school, the armed forces or heading straight into employment on the island. We encourage all of our students to develop as happy, confident and successful individuals who can make a real difference in their respective fields around the world.
A LEVEL RESULTS
Elizabeth College students have achieved excellent results at A level in 2019 with a tremendous 40% of grades at A*/A and 84% at A*/C. There were some excellent individual successes with 2 students achieving a fantastic 4 A*s at A level, plus another A* in their EPQ (Extended Project Qualification). A quarter of students (15) secured three or more A*/A grade passes.
|2019 Results||2018 results||2017 results||2016 results||2015 results||2014 results|
|84%||85.0%||87.1%||82.9%||88.2%||83.0%||% Grades *A-C|
Students at Elizabeth College have achieved a very pleasing set of results in their GCSE examinations in 2019, with 94% graded at 9 to 4 (equivalent to the old A* to C) and 41% graded 9 to 7 (A* to A equivalent).
At the top end 16 (21%) of our Year 11 students gained 9 or more passes at grades 9 to 7 (A*/A equivalent) and two students achieved an impressive clean sweep of 11 passes at grade 9, something achieved by only 800 students in the whole of the UK last year or 0.1%.
96% secured the key measure of 5 or more passes at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C equivalent) including English and Maths.
|2019 Results||2018 Results||2017 results||2016 results||2015 results||2014 results|