Bursaries and Scholarships
There are a number of bursaries and scholarships available to pupils at the Elizabeth College Upper School.
- Gibson Fleming Bursaries are means-tested awards which provide financial support for pupils taking part in ‘additional’ College activities which might otherwise be unaffordable. The scheme is open to all pupils.
- Gibson Fleming Music Scholarships are offered to talented and accomplished musicians and singers and are awarded based on auditions held each January.
- OEA Awards are made to assist with the cost of adventurous training, academic or other courses of a one-off nature.
- The Ernest Gardner Fund provides hardship bursaries in certain circumstances.
- Gibson Fleming Bursaries and Scholarships are granted by the Gibson Fleming Trust, a registered charity which was established by Old Elizabethan Edward Gibson Fleming (2894) to encourage pupils at Elizabeth College to embrace a wide spectrum of interests and activities. Edward Gibson Fleming established the Trust during his lifetime and supplemented it with a substantial legacy which has enabled the Trust to support Elizabeth College pupils in their self-development for over fifty years.
Ernest Gardner was a teacher at Elizabeth College Junior School from 1964 to 1969 and again in the 1970s. He left a legacy to Elizabeth College to help support those struggling to pay fees at the College which is still used for that purpose to this day.
Further detail of each of the schemes are given in the tabs below: